UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2016 College Football Thread

Started by rollntider, January 26, 2016, 10:44:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

rollntider

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17744439

Herbstreit calls out Texas... can't say I disagree....

Cue the Saban to Texas rumors...

rollntider

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17789176

This is BS.

#1 this makes 2 years in a row LSU gets 5 home and 3 road games.

#2 Florida gets screwed out of 2 home games (LSU/Presbetrian)

#3 If LSU wanted to keep their original opponent from 11-19, they could have played it after the SEC title game. And did the right thing and play Florida that day at Florida. They could play South alabama the week after the SEC title game, or better yet the week of, because they wont be doing anything that day.

rollntider

Michigan in the top 4 how about that Norm?

Also the big 12 voted no to expansion. I take it as Texas said nope and the 9 dwarfs followed suit. So be it.

TheNorm

While Wisconsin may have lost, they also made the Buckeyes look mortal. I like that. Also starting to think though that teams 2-4 are all just playing for second place anyway. Your team is stacked, tider.

But as for Michigan being in the top 4? Pleasantly surprised...didn't think Harbaugh would have the team contending nationally in year 2, but here we are. The defense is incredible and reminds me a bit of the 1997 and 2006 teams. It's nice to be back to relevance again, especially while another team that thought it had arrived is in a freefall this season. Not that I'm naming names or anything.

If you want a hint, it was the only bowl eligible team to get shutout last season. This team may have lost to Alabama in that bowl game, 38-0 or something like that.

Again, not naming names or anything though.  8)
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on October 18, 2016, 12:29:53 AM
While Wisconsin may have lost, they also made the Buckeyes look mortal. I like that. Also starting to think though that teams 2-4 are all just playing for second place anyway. Your team is stacked, tider.

But as for Michigan being in the top 4? Pleasantly surprised...didn't think Harbaugh would have the team contending nationally in year 2, but here we are. The defense is incredible and reminds me a bit of the 1997 and 2006 teams. It's nice to be back to relevance again, especially while another team that thought it had arrived is in a freefall this season. Not that I'm naming names or anything.

If you want a hint, it was the only bowl eligible team to get shutout last season. This team may have lost to Alabama in that bowl game, 38-0 or something like that.

Again, not naming names or anything though.  8)

LOL yeah that team got pounded good in the bowl game right ;)

As for playing for 2nd place, not sure about that. Media shows only the "good Stuff" we did and the SEC is weak this year. We have beaten some Good teams but not great teams. If Tennessee had played Louisville FSU or another team like that they would have gotten beaten as badly.  I think LSU is a little better after their coaching change, but they have played cream puffs. Auburn looks to be better than advertised but again weak scheduling and Clemson is not as good as advertised either. I think LSU and the Barn will give us fits. I hate that, would rather have tough games elsewhere.. lol

Remember Saban had Bama #1 his 2nd year so it can be done. Thats why i laugh at the UT fans that think Butch jones needs 2 more years.

Here is to us playing for the title and us winning of course :)

TheNorm

Man, yesterday was just about the most perfect sports day ever! Let's recap:

1. Michigan won
2. Ohio State lost
3. Michigan State lost (again)
4. Wings win
5. Cubs advance to the World Series

And on top of that, you can hear Michigan's players talking about this weekend's matchup against reeling MSU, and you know they aren't taking anything for granted. This is a team that wants revenge for the last few seasons (especially last season's miracle), and they will exact it. In Walking Dead terms, Jim Harbaugh is Negan, the football team is Lucille, and Mark Dantonio and the Spartans are about to be brained into oblivion.

I say bring it.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

its nice to have have days/weekends like that right?  :D

Good luck pounding your rival, we pounded our MSU(Tennessee) and it looks like the end of the year game will be tough one like yours....   

TheNorm

One of the many reasons I want Michigan to basically salt the earth of East Lansing on Saturday.

By the end of this game, this season, hell, even the next five seasons: I want their only highlight to be them thinking about that miracle punt block last season. The football team and their fanbase have been talking big shit the last few seasons, well time to pay up. I want Harbaugh and Co. to annihilate this squad back to the Stone Age, destroy them so thoroughly that every person on that team will wished they'd never picked up football as their sport of choice. I want the outcome of that game decided by halftime, the Spartan student section half empty, and the entire stadium about as quiet as a church on Sunday...with the only cheering coming from the Michigan faithful making the short trip there.

So, Coach, you ask "Where'd all the Wolverines go?" Odds are you'll find out early on Saturday, and you'll wish you never asked that question ever again. Just like you said a few years ago: pride goes before the fall.

Your fall is coming.

rollntider

Tennessee RB Jalen Hurd transfering.
http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/ut/2016/10/31/reports-tennessee-rb-jalen-hurd-plans-transfer/93053034/

Dude is a great RB and 400 yards and change from the ut record. Rumors of him not happy with Butch Jones lying to him about the offense changing.  Could be just rumors, but personally I could not be happier they are starting to fall apart. Dude is a great RB though.

TheNorm

rollntider

so you guys swap it back and forth based on who won... thats cool

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on November 03, 2016, 06:15:22 PM
so you guys swap it back and forth based on who won... thats cool

Yep! Michigan/Minnesota also does it for the Little Brown Jug...but conference expansion means we don't play for it as often anymore. Luckily, both trophies are currently back where they belong in A2!