Final Fantasy 7 remake

Started by rollntider, February 02, 2016, 12:00:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

anyone getting it?

This one has me intrigued

cflnut

Probably.

But I've heard that it will be done in episodes. If that's true I'll wait till they all come out.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

rollntider

wasnt aware of that... yeah guess i will wait for compilation

cflnut

http://kotaku.com/sounds-like-the-final-fantasy-vii-remake-will-be-episod-1746564216

QuoteWill the upcoming overhaul of Final Fantasy VII be released in multiple parts? Sure seems like it.

Says a press release that was sent out tonight (bolded emphasis mine):

LOS ANGELES (Dec. 6, 2015) - During this past weekend's PlayStation Experience in San Francisco, SQUARE ENIX® debuted a new trailer for FINAL FANTASY® VII REMAKE, the full remake of the award-winning role-playing game, FINAL FANTASY VII. The new trailer features the first CG scenes as well as gameplay footage. FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE will be told across a multi-part series, with each entry providing its own unique experience.

We've got a query out to Square Enix for clarification on this, since it's a bit vague, but that doesn't leave much room for interpretation.

UPDATE (12/7, 12:21pm): Although Square wouldn't go into too many details—and they wouldn't say how many episodes FFVII REMAKE will be—they did send over this statement:

It means instead of concluding in one entry, multiple entries are being considered in development. Each entry will have its own unique story. As a gaming experience, each entry will have the volume of content equal to a full-sized game.

Sound to me like they are trying to milk as much $$$ out of people as they can.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

rollntider

yeah may slide on that one until it hits the nice price bin then

Sakura

What's funny about this "remake" is that it's not made for FF7 fans, but fans of the Advent Children movie.  The combat system will be an action system that's supposed to try and emulate the crap out of the FF7 movie, and won't be much at all like an actual FF game.

rollntider

that is sad also, I love the turn based. FF 1 and 2 on PSP are my favorite.