News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Kanye West not allowed to cut in line at Franklins

Started by rollntider, January 27, 2016, 06:19:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

QuoteToday, Manny Fernandez filed a New York Times story tracking a day in the life of Austin's most committed brisket enthusiasts, checking in with the international lineup of BBQ hunters who start queuing as early as 7:43am for the 11am opening.

One of the best tidbits in the piece, however, is when GM Benjamin Jacob reveals just how serious the barbecue's joint's no-cutting policy is.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/692378041851387904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
http://firstwefeast.com/eat/kanye-franklin-bbq-shutdown/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=oando

I want to go there someday and try the grub....

Crewe

If you do that, you should really take a BBQ road trip through central Texas. Austin, Lockhart, Luling, Lexington.....man, serious eats I'm telling y'all 😎

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 27, 2016, 10:39:55 PM
If you do that, you should really take a BBQ road trip through central Texas. Austin, Lockhart, Luling, Lexington.....man, serious eats I'm telling y'all 😎

I plan on it one day. We have pork here which I love, but I do love some brisket.

Crewe

pork as in roast? I have a great pork rub mixture, but can never get it done just right, thus far anyway.

rollntider

pork shoulder / Boston Butt yeah I guess some call it roast? The key to a good pork butt if you are having trouble is try this... I bet you would like it. It has worked for me.

I put it on my grill indirect heat and cook it about 3 to 4 hours 250-275  degrees. (this gets the smoke flavor)

Then I put it in the oven for another 5 hours at 275 (you can do it lower for longer)

then wrap in aluminum foil and wrap with towels and put it in a cooler and let "rest" for an hour or 2.

Pull it out put in a pan and the bone should pull out with no issue and you can tear apart with a fork.

Its some good eating.

Crewe

Yea bone in pork shoulder.
I'm almost with you there except I go longer on the grill. Mine usually ends up a touch dry.

rollntider