News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2015 NFL Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 08, 2015, 06:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Meh, I'm not gonna blast Cam for that. Probably should've handled things a little better but he'll learn.

https://twitter.com/JohnOKorn/status/696700002622636032

I think this might've been the perfect game for the concussion era in the NFL, because no one's going to remember it in three weeks. Great defensive game (Von Miller, wow).

My Super Bowl MVPs:

1. Von Miller
2. Beyonce
3. Bruno Mars
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

https://twitter.com/MoneyLynch/status/696525541826924546

Sure looks like Beast Mode has called it a career. Bummer, gonna miss that guy.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Yea he will learn, but that doesn't change the fact. Look at Wilson, Manning, even Kaep at their Super bowl losses. Be a pro. I don't mind a Bellicheckian presser, hell I even enjoy it but thats not what happened here.
I hate it for other reasons too. Mainly, it provides sympathy to sports reporters. Listen to em; those clowns can't even form a coherent question, and I enjoy seeing them abused with direct answers to their silly questions. To me, many so called sports journalists are only a step above TMZ paps.
All that said, I know Cam is a gifted athlete and I know he probably does great things for the community, but he was just a poor sport all day yesterday, as were a few defensive players for Carolina.

On a side note, Denvers offense performed about how I thought they would, and Carolina was bad, but the turnovers killed them. that drive in the third when Cam finally ran, I thought to myself, yep, now they get it goin, and they did, until the miscues.
Carolina defense played well, I mean how many times did Denver just have to get a few yards, especially in the red zone, and get stuffed?
But that Denver D? Sheebus, I didn't think they were that great. Having had Wade in Houston and Dallas, the thing that always hurt his teams were the man to man coverages, because sooner or later you were going to figure out how to block a blitz or two and then all it takes is one or two big connections and I thought thats what would happen to the Broncos this playoff season, but again, what do I know? lol

I know everyone hated this game and hates defensive battles because the NFL has groomed everyone for a Brady and Rogers air attack, but to me, the defense wins championships adage is still the thing you need to implement to win. the great teams have great defenses. I know, Im an old school boring traditionalist, but theres little more satisfying than a defense punching an offensive juggernaut right in the mouth. If I was a Denver fan, this win would be so satisfying because their offense was just bad and you can say the defense single-handedly won that game. Who else could you say that about?

Edit to add; not for nothing, but I really tire of the pomp and circumstance of the Super Bowl. Halftime shows that are extended to a half an hour, pimping halftime at 6 minutes into the game? Pimping pimping pimping ever freakin thing??? Breaking at a every single opportunity, longer breaks for their precious commercials? Turning a game into a 4 hour plus ad fest? it is one of the most disgusting events of pandering in existence.
And, one could make the argument it infringes on the integrity of the game that Gooddell cherishes at his own peril. Delaying the game to gain a few bucks....geez.
Again, I know Im the get off my lawn guy here, but certainly I can't be the only one? Really?

TheNorm

Be a pro like Manning? Like the time he stormed off the field after losing to the Saints?

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Peyton-Manning-storms-off-Super-Bowl-field-Is-h?urn=nfl,218314

I don't have a problem with these types of reactions, to me it shows they are human and reacted in a way that highlights them losing probably the biggest game of their lives up to that point. I don't think it helped Cam either that the interview rooms for both teams was divided by just a curtain, so Cam can hear just how jubilant the Broncos are...yeah, at that point I'd probably flip my shit too. He wasn't disrespectful in any way, and I think he was being an adult here: if you're in a situation where you just might say or do something that you know you'll regret later (and I'm sure the media and his critics would *love* that), isn't the best thing to do is get up and leave?

I don't mind the defensive battles either, it wins championships...but I'll disagree with you on that Denver defense, I thought they were that great especially that front 7. For the most part Cam really had no room to breathe, and Von Miller and Demarcus Ware had a lot to do with that.

And I guess I don't mind the spectacle of the Super Bowl either. Telling us halftime was almost here six minutes into the game was a bit much, although I place that more at the feet of CBS. 

Crewe

Was that really a slight to Brees though? he purposely walk off to avoid him? I don't think so, but I guess we can example each other all day.
I will agree that the post game presser area was a horrendous set up and I find it hard to believe there wasn't a more suitable area available.
I disagree on the adult aspect and as for when you might say something you regret, that can apply to any time a mic is in your face, even happy times, so I don't buy that at all.

My intention wasn't to insult Denvers D, but I seriously thought that Cam would scramble right through them. You didn't think that was more than likely? I agree there was nowhere to go and what really impressed me was how they shut down his lanes. There were several plays where it looked as if Cam was ready to hightail it forward through the pocket, but one of the rushers held his block, closing the lane instead of following his rush momentum to chase the sack. That was impressive every time I saw it. Ware and Miller were a nightmare, and after he did so much for Dallas, with nothing to show for it, I was really glad to see him get a ring. And as an Aggie follower, same for Miller.

rollntider

the reason I have issue with Cam and his butthurt.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/15/cam-newton-if-you-dont-like-my-dancing-dont-let-me-score/

Yeah and many many more. I hear Auburn/Cam fans "But he gives footballs to kids" yeah after a PR dept. told him to do something like that, because the media is turning on him.
"there was noise in the background and he couldn't hear"
"There was dirt in his eyes"
"Those Broncos were mean to him"

Fact is Cam was a douche canoe at Florida, and Auburn.
http://espn.go.com/college-football/news/story?id=5783051

here are QBs post game press conference after losing and arent butt hurt bitches.
http://q13fox.com/2015/02/01/video-russell-wilson-on-heartbreaking-super-bowl-loss/

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000135754/Kaepernick-We-ll-be-back

Didnt walk off, none were happy but answered the questions and were respectful and werent butt hurt bitches.

Not a Manning fan, my hate for UT is as strong as my hate for the Barn.

Cam ran his mouth, did not deliver, now runs off with his tail tucked because there was noise in the press conference.

TheNorm

Oh my god, the videos must mean he's an absolute douche nozzle. Let's crucify the guy for having real emotions.  ::)

https://twitter.com/TODAYshow/status/696691009527263232

Yep, seems like the actions of a total douche canoe.

rollntider

Again, dude talked shit participated in commercials talking about hurt feelings, then has hurt feelings and walks off the stage.

Dude is a good QB. He is also a prick. People react to pricks this way.
I don't dislike Cam because he is black, or even played at Auburn (I think the world of Bo Jackson)
Bo is the opposite of Cam.

Hypocritical of Cam post Band aids for hurt feelings commercials then to have the hurt feelings.He is not a college or High School kid, he is a multi millionaire pro athlete that wants to throw rocks and then hide.

rollntider

rollntider

thaima1shu

Knew Marshawn would be retiring but man it still sucks to see. He was a big, big reason for turning this Seahawks franchise around. He'll always be a legend around here.

rollntider

Crewe

Eli lol
I don't know what it is, but something tells me he's actually got a fun sense of humor.

Not piling on Cam here, but just saw this... loved the guy who followed up with, I guess that wasn't a job for Superman lol