News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Steam Sale Thread

Started by Sakura, June 13, 2015, 05:29:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sakura

Unfortunately this year I got caught off guard, as my CPU/mobo had drained all my money.  So I'm currently watching the Steam sale, and hating the fact that I ain't got the money to afford some of the deals.  But it started as of two days ago, and as usual, has a Steam game of some type.  This year's summer sale game is "The Monster Game" which is based on the same concept as Cookie Clicker or Clicker Heroes.  You don't have to actually play the game perse, but if you join a game, then it'll generate cards for you, you'll get a card for joining a new game each day (the games reset at 9am every day), and you'll sometimes get a card every few hours.

And Rockstar is getting some much needed flack for pulling something shady, as GTA V is currently listed as on sale at 25% off...  Yet pricing in at nearly $70.  The problem stems from the fact that they're selling a great white shark card bundle for 25% off, that sells for the same price as GTA V, but GTA V by itself has no discount, but shows on the main page as being "25% off" for $1 less than normal because the regular price is $30 more...

Considering we've seen bundles and games on the main page show their respective prices, it's fairly obvious that Rockstar has done this intentionally, so a lot of people are pretty disgusted.

rollntider

Yeah some of the deals seem higher than normal. I only bought one game so far.

rollntider

I ended up getting a few games, like wolfenstien old blood and sacred gold (finally can get rid of my cd copy)

Sakura

Aye, I got both Grimrock games, ARK: Survival Reloaded (or whatever), and Dungeons & Dragons: Chronicles of Mystara.

I used to play CoM at the local arcade when this town still had one, back in the 90s...  Then I found out that my arcade stick is dead.  So I'm gonna have to get a new one.

rollntider

never played Chronicles of Mystara, looks good though. Will add that one to my wish list to get next sale.

Sakura

So I'm hearing that in the next 5 days there will be a Steam sale, just a couple days prior to Black Friday and going of course until the Tuesday after Cyber Monday.  This is not confirmed by Valve, but I figure I'd mention it for people in case anyone has any titles they're looking forward to grabbing on Steam.

Me personally, I'm hoping for a good deal on The Secret World: Ultimate Edition.  I picked this game up after watching Ross Scott's review of the game.  Now there's a bit of a disconnect on that, which is that his review is actually inaccurate because of his unfamiliarity with the genre and he says a lot of things that are erroneous.  But nonetheless...

rollntider

Sakura

Quote from: rollntider on December 22, 2015, 02:20:34 PM
sale started today
I bought over $200 worth of stuff in the Christmas sale, and exactly $150 worth of stuff in the Thanksgiving sale.  Ridiculous that I'd spend so much on Steam.  But thankfully the Holiday season is over.  I don't think I'm going to buy gifts for people this year, though.  While the feeling of giving is always nice, the feeling of having an empty pocket and needing to ration to get by is just ridiculous.  I hate this whole "give gifts once a year" BS, why don't we just give gifts to people whenever we feel like it and forget about Christmas altogether?

Anyway, I'm still dealing with my steam bill, I owe $100 to pay off this month, and I have to renew my driver's license too, then there's the car insurance payment for the month...  At least in February, the only thing I have to worry about is my car insurance payment.  Although it seems like we should get some of that money back.  If I go 11 years without any accidents, and I've been paying car insurance for 11 years, why is it that I don't get any of that money back?  Instead I'm paying for the Korean kids who get into collisions with people in their stupid street racing cars in Vancouver and Victoria.