News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Ghost Busters!!!

Started by rollntider, February 17, 2015, 12:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Some of you may now that I have been into board/tabletop gaming recently... So I peruse and search for games like these.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/ghostbusters-the-board-game

Now I probably will not get this game at all, but those of you with kids might like it for family night or something.

Reasons i wont get this game:

1. Money, investing in another game with my son so that takes priority
2. Time, I barely have time to play as it is.
3. too much to do

I would love to have this game because this takes me back. Anyways thought I would share with you guys.

Sakura

I find it strange that they are basing this so hard on Ghostbusters and yet they treat Slimer as a boss, and omit Gozer the Gozerian.  They could include Tully, could include Jeanine, could include the Extreme Ghostbusters crew, etc.  The real big deal is they leave out all of the most prominent Ghostbusters villains with the exception of Stay Puft.  In the cartoon series, they had several main villains and several regular type ghosts but most of these ghosts make me go "where did they come up with the idea for this one?"

It seems like they went for a Zombies!!! type level up system, where the more ghosts you bust, the more exp you get which gets you closer to veteran status, but it looks like they missed the concept of the Zombies!!! level system and that all 4 Ghostbusters have the same bonuses.  The point of having characters at all in zombies is to give them all their own abilities, and not just have a generic "player" character.

rollntider

Quote from: Sakura on February 18, 2015, 03:46:27 PM
I find it strange that they are basing this so hard on Ghostbusters and yet they treat Slimer as a boss, and omit Gozer the Gozerian.  They could include Tully, could include Jeanine, could include the Extreme Ghostbusters crew, etc.  The real big deal is they leave out all of the most prominent Ghostbusters villains with the exception of Stay Puft.  In the cartoon series, they had several main villains and several regular type ghosts but most of these ghosts make me go "where did they come up with the idea for this one?"

It seems like they went for a Zombies!!! type level up system, where the more ghosts you bust, the more exp you get which gets you closer to veteran status, but it looks like they missed the concept of the Zombies!!! level system and that all 4 Ghostbusters have the same bonuses.  The point of having characters at all in zombies is to give them all their own abilities, and not just have a generic "player" character.

Someone on twitter responded to this and said that Gozer is now in, So i would imagine they are stretch goals, or future expansions.

Sakura

Quote from: rollntider on February 19, 2015, 01:41:11 AM
Quote from: Sakura on February 18, 2015, 03:46:27 PM

Someone on twitter responded to this and said that Gozer is now in, So i would imagine they are stretch goals, or future expansions.

Yeah, it looks like they put up a bunch of stretch goals.  Gozer and Jeanine are both stretch goals that have been unlocked, as has the "Grey Lady" (who I'm guessing is the Librarian from the movies).

Sakura

And now they've got Kylie from the Extreme Ghostbusters in the stretch goals, so it looks like they're either watching for feedback, or they're staggering the stretch goals to prevent people from feeling let down if they don't hit certain goals.

rollntider

I never watched the cartoons so i dont know some of the characters. I dont like the comic style, but I think its cool they are doing the game.

rollntider

Ghostbusters 2 is being funded now
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/ghostbusters-the-board-game-ii

The 1st had decent reviews but not my cup of tea. Might be good if anyone has kiddos.