News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

New NCAA game??

Started by rollntider, August 30, 2016, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Crewe

This game is so customizable, just remove the logos and let the community take over. I mean they create the rosters on day one. I realize I'm over simplifying but I'd truly be curious about what the obstacle would be with this scenario.

Rigg44

Just license the schools, logos, and stadiums.  Random generate the first set of players.  Give the schools that are traditionally good their expected advantages within recruiting.  Done, no current kids put a roster editor in and as had already been said the community will handle the rest. 

rollntider

only 8k after a week. Doubt this takes off.

rollntider

rollntider

10k raised so far.... me thinks it wont make it.

Rigg44

To bad.  I think with some of their stated modes they would have had a difficult time pulling it off anyway.

rollntider

yep not much info given about development.

rollntider

With 9 days to go they made quite a few steps in the wrong direction with this kickstarter.
Being that they only raised 10k out of 850k I will give an autopsy of the kickstarter.

#1 Details - More precisely, the lack of details. How many developers did they have etc... it was like... "We going to develop and it will be done"

#2 History - They had a lack of history of game development. Or they did not tout it if they did. I did not see nor do i recall their previous projects. If they did not have a previous project I do not forsee it taking off.

#3 clunky pledges - things that kill a kickstarter is confusing pledges. WTF are gridiron coins? Why do I need them? I want to play football, not be nickled and dimed in micro transactions. EA was starting to do that and I hated it with them, add content, not coins so i can train my players, that is pay to have good teams, thats BS.

#4 Lack of interaction - their Kickstarter started out with a fart and ended with a fizzle. Very little interaction, there are 21 comments as of right now on their KS.

#5 lack of info - Their website is full of what we gonna do, but no screen shots, no tech specs, just mentions of the project creators and gridiron coins. They did not give much more info than that.

#6 lack of research - Football game creation is hard, and they fumbled right out of the gate by looking at Vets in the genre and seeing how they failed. The creator of mutant league football failed with his KS, plus Video game KS are harder to fund. They need backing from a company like EA and they wont even invest in themselves right now.

#7 Licensing (Collegiate) - Yep not exactly sure where they are on that. They mentioned it, but no logos, lack of interest in from people.

I hope we do get a great football game in the future and soon, in the mean time, go fuck your self Ed Obannon