News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Top eateries you want to visit

Started by rollntider, January 27, 2016, 06:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

With my Kanye link in the other thread, what are some of the places you want to try?

I know i want to try a Philly cheese steak in Philly where they are across the street from each other. Not a cheese whiz fan, so I want to try Genos?

Also Franklin BBQ

other will come to me.

If you get a chance try pancake pantry in Tennessee (gatlinburg)

Crewe

I cannot think of one good reason to set foot in Philly lol
Sticking with BBQ, I'd like to try this place in KC that's supposed to be really good but can't recall the name.
Also, being a chili snob, I'd like to go to Cincy and try their attempt at a bowl o red 😎

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on January 27, 2016, 10:51:05 PM
I cannot think of one good reason to set foot in Philly lol
Sticking with BBQ, I'd like to try this place in KC that's supposed to be really good but can't recall the name.
Also, being a chili snob, I'd like to go to Cincy and try their attempt at a bowl o red 😎

I love some chili also... I want to do that at Skyline ?

Crewe

yea thats one. its got quite a few locations around Cincy and I'm always leary when a reputable establishment starts multiplying. Usually quality suffers, although doesn't seem to fall prey to that if it stays local

TheNorm

If you ever find yourself in Ann Arbor or the Metro Detroit area, you need to hit:

Zingerman's Deli
Union Woodshop
Slow's BBQ
Lafayette Coney Island (and anyone that tells you that American Coney Island next door is better is an idiot)  :D
Mercury Burger Bar

And if you ever come on up here to visit, hit me up and let's go.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on January 29, 2016, 05:25:48 PM
If you ever find yourself in Ann Arbor or the Metro Detroit area, you need to hit:

Zingerman's Deli
Union Woodshop
Slow's BBQ
Lafayette Coney Island (and anyone that tells you that American Coney Island next door is better is an idiot)  :D
Mercury Burger Bar

will do.

Sakura

I dunno about eateries, but one day I'd like to try some of the absolutely decadent fast food places that I see on American TV.  Arby's and Five Guys and the such.  :D

The closest thing we have here is pretty much Wendy's.

Crewe

Five guys is good, but the fries, ugh, stay away, no joke.
I'd go with In n Out burger over Five Guys, but Houston has been shunned thus far

Sakura

Crewe

In n Out opened up franchises in other Texas cities but not here.

Sakura

That's odd, cause Houston is like one of the major cities of Texas, right?

rollntider

Quote from: Crewe on February 29, 2016, 11:41:36 AM
I'd go with In n Out burger over Five Guys, but Houston has been shunned thus far

Heard good stories about in and out, but never been to one, my friends when Bama plays in Texas all have to hit In and out and post all over face book.

The better chains we have here are Five Guys, and Whataburger.

Now for local burgers, Tony's hot dogs (I know hot dog place) has one of the best burgers in Bham and All star Diner.

rollntider

You know I would have to try both, I have seen them on like the travel channel, like the best Dog places in america, I heard its like a rivalry.

I may have to do that

Crewe

Quote from: Sakura on February 29, 2016, 11:44:52 PM
That's odd, cause Houston is like one of the major cities of Texas, right?

Largest city, hence the wonderment of not opening a franchise here. I think Austin received the last one and while it is far smaller than Houston, it is the fastest growing in the state, so maybe that was a factor,.

Crewe

Quote from: rollntider on March 01, 2016, 12:17:01 AM
Quote from: Crewe on February 29, 2016, 11:41:36 AM

Heard good stories about in and out, but never been to one, my friends when Bama plays in Texas all have to hit In and out and post all over face book.

The better chains we have here are Five Guys, and Whataburger.

Now for local burgers, Tony's hot dogs (I know hot dog place) has one of the best burgers in Bham and All star Diner.

Whataburger originated in Corpus Christi Texas. The Astros farm team in CC plays at Whataburger field lol. Fun place.
I think any native Texan would cite Whataburger as the best fast food burger joint.