UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2015 NFL Draft

Started by rollntider, April 30, 2015, 10:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

So far I gotta say its interesting.

GLad for Cooper to be picked 4th.

Scratching my head at Philly and Titans.... if the trade offer is true both are crazy, Philly for offering and Tennessee for turning it down.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/Titans-draft-Mariota-despite-Eagles-offer.html

TheNorm

Meh...I think Tampa was dumb for taking Winston over Mariota, but JMO.
I'm kind of in shock that the Lions actually traded down and got some extra picks in return. They're almost acting like a real team...it's beautiful watching them grow up before your eyes, it really is.  :'(

:thumbsup:
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Hey, congrats to Byron Jones on going to the Cowboys. Playing corner in Dallas, you can learn how to PI without getting called for it or having the flag rescinded in no time!

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

I swear Jerry Jones is going to make me quit being a dallas fan. If the pats take Landon Collins, I will be a pats fan.....

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on April 30, 2015, 10:49:58 PM
Meh...I think Tampa was dumb for taking Winston over Mariota, but JMO.
I'm kind of in shock that the Lions actually traded down and got some extra picks in return. They're almost acting like a real team...it's beautiful watching them grow up before your eyes, it really is.  :'(

:thumbsup:

agreed...

rollntider

that is a wrap, end of round 1.

thaima1shu

On the one hand it was so damn awesome to see 3 Huskies go in the first round. On the other hand...how the hell did the UW team not win more games last year? Oh well.

Can't wait to see these guys in the league, especially Danny Shelton. Love that guy.

rollntider

I didn't realize you guys had 3. That's impressive.

rollntider

TheNorm

Day 2: I absolutely love the Lions picking up Abdullah from Nebraska in the second round. Think he'll turn out to be a more than suitable replacement for Reggie Bush (who was almost always hurt anyway).
And thai, the Seahawks grabbing DE Frank Clark is a nice pickup-I just hope the kid makes the most out of his second chance.

rollntider

Abdullah is from just up the road from us in Homewood. I always pulled for him and hoped he would do great. Best of luck to him. :thumbsup:

rollntider

After the draft, did everyone's team draft like they wanted?

I was glad to see the cowboys drafted DB help. Beats the crap out of drafting OL when your DBs are getting burned.

I thought they should have gotten lamndon collins, 5 star recruit in high school, 1st  team All SEC and all american and they get a guy out of UConn.

thaima1shu

I'm happy with what the Seahawks got. When they traded up in the third round, I thought for sure it was going to be for Jaelen Strong. Was super disappointed that it wasn't, but seeing more and more of Tyler Lockett makes me pretty excited for the pick. Thought that they did a good job of addressing all their need positions while still grabbing guys that fit the athletic profile they've been targeting at OL, CB.

Now that Frank Clark pick...Norm it's good to hear you think it's a good one. Schneider/Carroll are under some heavy fire around here for that pick given that they were all supposedly against DV and all that. We'll indeed see if he stays out of trouble, but he seems like a very intriguing prospect from what I've seen of him.