Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 21, 2018, 11:41:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Chit Chat / Re: 30 Days of Video Games Thread
« Last post by TheNorm on Today at 01:17:38 AM »
Probably Mass Effect 2 for me. This really was one of those games/series I had zero interest in since it was X360 exclusive from the beginning. Even when they started off on the PS3 with ME2, the game wasn't on my radar. But it wasn't until I saw an article and previews for ME3 that I thought I should look into it, and luckily by that point ME2 was available for pretty damn cheap...may have picked it up for around $10 after a couple of trade-ins. Was hooked into it the moment I started playing it and didn't look back.
« Last post by Crewe on Today at 01:08:23 AM »
Loved Destruction Derby. Matter of fact if they ever upgrade any games to next gen I'd love for it to be DD and The Warriors
« Last post by Bucfever on April 20, 2018, 07:55:07 PM »
Ah, Destruction Derby, the game where you had to link PlayStations if you wanted to do multiplayer. Yup, you needed two TVs and two PlayStations.

And The Warriors, interesting. I remember when that game came out, seeing it on the shelves at work (shout-out Circuit City). Surprised to hear that one.
« Last post by Crewe on April 20, 2018, 07:15:21 PM »
With trade ins and coupons, I once obtained MLB for 7 bucks, but Im not sure thats what you're looking for here.
The games I enjoyed and played the longest, Id have to say tops was The Warriors. That game was so damn fun and even the actors performed voice acting for their characters.
GTA V, Burnout Paradise and probably Destruction Derby on the PSOne would round out this list.
« Last post by cflnut on April 20, 2018, 03:44:01 PM »
Day 4- Best Value Game

Fallout 4.

Got this day one, and only paid $5 for the game and season pass. Traded in a bunch to reduce the price. For probably a year and a half this was practically the only game I played. I've done four play through's of the main story, and two for each of the story DLC's. I still occasionally fire it up but I mostly now just scavenge for crafting materials to build up the settlements.
« Last post by Bucfever on April 20, 2018, 03:19:24 PM »
Day 4- Best Value Game

Sometimes, you buy a game like Grand Theft Auto V, that's $60, and between the massive single player and the even more massive multiplayer, you feel like you got it for a steal. Sometimes, you find a game on Steam for a dollar that you think may be fun, and you end up playing it for months on end.

So what game did you get the most value out of, whether it was low price, great content or even big price, but even bigger content, whatever it may be?

For me, I think one of the best deals I've gotten was Shadow of Morder Complete Edition, which I got for about $10. A pretty large base game complete with full DLC, I got it on sale sometime last year and played through the game in a matter of months. I didn't complete all the DLC, but it's there if I ever want to come back to it.

I thought about my Uncharted trilogy also, which I got on sale for $9 total. Three really good games, but Uncharted doesn't have the DLC or open world of Mordor.
Console Gaming Discussion / Re: MLB The Show 18
« Last post by Crewe on April 19, 2018, 10:04:53 PM »
LOL no, that actually makes perfect sense and at the same time makes me feel like a dolt because I didnt figure it out on my own.
Thanks for the explanation
« Last post by Bucfever on April 19, 2018, 06:00:00 PM »
So, in order to avoid a player being 99 in every possible category and thus the greatest player to have ever lived, this year they have caps on certain attributes depending on the player type you chose at the start (i.e. Power Hitter, Defensive Wizard, etc).

So, lets say you choose a Power Hitter type (like my RF, who's basically me, as Aaron Judge). His MAX Cap for Power is 99, simply meaning he can eventually get to 99 power. His CURRENT cap is like 70, I think right now, which means if I get to a 70 rating in power (I'm ignoring PWR vs L and PWR vs R, but obviously this applies to both), if I don't train to raise the cap, my guy will stay at 70 power. I could have 10 games in a row, all with 2 home runs per game, but I'll still be just a 70 PWR rating until I train to increase my current cap.

Rinse, repeat for all other categories. And, for MAX Cap, obviously it's not always 99. I think the Judge archetype has either a max cap of 75 or 80 for Contact. So I'll never get to have 99 contact, the max I can hope for is 80.

I think I explained this right, but considering how these Q and A sessions in here have gone so far, I'm beginning to realize why I failed that Apple interview for at home customer support years ago.
« Last post by cflnut on April 19, 2018, 05:09:30 PM »
Day 3: Name a Game That Made You Sad/Cry

Aerith's Death scene in Final Fantasy VII.

I don't normally get overly emotional about games, but i remember dropping the controller, with tears in my eyes, over the fact they actually killed one of the main characters. And only halfway through the game at that.

Even now, knowing that it's going to happen, I still get a little emotional during that scene.
« Last post by Crewe on April 19, 2018, 04:56:08 PM »
right, I get all that, but moreso , current cap, max cap....all that makes little sense to me.
Im anxious to see how regression attacks older guys, my 12 year guy will be interesting
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 45
  • Latest: Laplant
Stats
  • Total Posts: 4880
  • Total Topics: 541
  • Online Today: 24
  • Online Ever: 48
  • (January 17, 2018, 08:03:42 PM)
Users Online