Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 21, 2017, 03:09:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Shoutbox

rollntider

November 07, 2017, 10:33:58 PM
 :D

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Reviews / Re: The Movie Review Thread
« Last post by Bucfever on November 20, 2017, 03:55:04 PM »
Yeah, you know, I keep seeing people compare that scene to the one in Apocalypse and they're both so different, both in concerns to the actions being performed, the context and the tone. Apocalypse just gets whupped for a moment and then recovers to break Quicksilver's leg.

Anyways, my son and I are the weirdos who, while acknowledging that Suicide Squad is a terrible FILM and full of plot holes, we were entertained and enjoyed it. It's not Ipsen, but that doesn't automatically mean it's boring or dull.

I felt the same about Justice League. Look, there's no way in hell this movie is worse than Thor: The Dark World. It just isn't. I get the DC hate, I get the movie is an absolute tonal mess, between the cut scenes and Whedon's reshoots. But it's fun. it's enjoyable. I liked it and I know when my son sees it he's going to flip out and enjoy it.
« Last post by thaima1shu on November 20, 2017, 01:19:20 PM »
Yeah, it was pretty impressive when they did that same scene in X-Men Apocalypse first.  :D

I don't think the scene in Apocalypse holds a candle to how it was executed in Justice League.
« Last post by Sakura on November 20, 2017, 01:06:37 PM »
Saw Justice League. I hated Batman vs. Superman but loved Wonder Woman. I went into this with super low expectations but actually came away from it pretty surprised. It wasn't a great movie, but it was entertaining and provided some good laughs. A few corny lines and the story had some weird points to it, but overall I laughed quite a bit and there were some insanely cool parts.

Spoiler: show
Absolutely loved the scene when Superman was fighting the Justice League. Showed how incredibly powerful he truly is. When The Flash is trying to get around him while he's holding off the other three, and Superman just slowly turns his head to watch The Flash...my god that was one of the most badass moments I've seen.

Yeah, it was pretty impressive when they did that same scene in X-Men Apocalypse first.  :D
Tech Talk / Re: Logitech Bricking Harmony Link
« Last post by Sakura on November 20, 2017, 01:04:35 PM »
Instead of offer a replacement, how about just not brick it?
« Last post by thaima1shu on November 20, 2017, 12:08:47 PM »
Saw Justice League. I hated Batman vs. Superman but loved Wonder Woman. I went into this with super low expectations but actually came away from it pretty surprised. It wasn't a great movie, but it was entertaining and provided some good laughs. A few corny lines and the story had some weird points to it, but overall I laughed quite a bit and there were some insanely cool parts.

Absolutely loved the scene when Superman was fighting the Justice League. Showed how incredibly powerful he truly is. When The Flash is trying to get around him while he's holding off the other three, and Superman just slowly turns his head to watch The Flash...my god that was one of the most badass moments I've seen.
Pro Football / Re: CFL 2017 Discussion
« Last post by cflnut on November 20, 2017, 11:04:06 AM »
https://www.cfl.ca/2017/11/19/stage-set-105th-grey-cup-presented-shaw/

TORONTO ó The scene is set for the 105th Grey Cup presented by Shaw which will see the Toronto Argonauts take on the Calgary Stampeders at TD Place next Sunday.

The Argonauts punched their ticket Sunday afternoon with a last-minute victory at home against the Saskatchewan Roughriders, while the Stampeders are making their third appearance in four years after handling the surging Edmonton Eskimos.

This will be the fourth time the two clubs have met in the big game with the Argos holding a 2-1 advantage.  The Boatmen took the 100th Grey Cup on home turf back in 2012 and also earned the memorable 1991 victory on the strength of the now infamous Rocket Ismail return touchdown.  The Stamps got the first win in 1972 when they upset the favoured Joe Theissman-led Argonauts.

105GC NEED TO KNOW

The Toronto Argonauts will be making their 23rd Grey Cup appearance going 16-6 in those games. The last time they made it to the game was the 100th Grey Cup in 2012 when they beat the Calgary Stampeders 35-22.

The Calgary Stampeders are making their 16th Grey Cup appearance, going 7-8 in those games. This will be their second consecutive Grey Cup appearance. The last time they won the Grey Cup was in the 101st Grey Cup when they defeated the Hamilton Tiger-Cats 20-16.

Toronto and Calgary have met three times in the Grey Cup; 2012 (Toronto won 35-22), 1991 (Toronto won 36-21) and 1971 (Calgary won 14-11).
Calgary swept the season series versus Toronto winning in Week 7 41-24 and in Week 10 23-7.

This will be Dave Dickensonís second Grey Cup game (0-1) as a head coach. This will be Bo Levi Mitchellís third appearance as a starter (1-1).

This will be Marc Trestmanís fourth Grey Cup game (2-1) as a head coach. This will be Ricky Rayís fifth Grey Cup game as a starter (3-1).

This will be the sixth Grey Cup Ottawa has hosted; 2004, 1988, 1967, 1940, 1939 and 1925.

Kickoff is at 6:30pm ET next Sunday, November 26th at sold out TD Place. For broadcast and streaming details, click here.
[/url]

« Last post by Crewe on November 19, 2017, 03:05:33 AM »
I watched this based solely on your suggestion because before I didn't think I'd like it and still wasn't sure what it was, genre wise.
i was afraid it would be over the top with cartoon characters. The cinematography was quite good. I really like the long tracking shot during the first coffee run. It's not Goodfellas, but good. The storytelling in this flick surprised me quite a bit, although it did morph into the popcorn generic action flick in the final act.
I did like the ending...good, bad, good with a sour twist.
I thought they overplayed the showdown at the diner and the garage but I can live with it overall oh and I hate Jamie flippin Foxx, but despite his punchable face, he did a great job here. Spacey? I mean, what do you do, guy has some great performances, but he's a shitheel to be sure.
Console Gaming Discussion / Re: College Hoops 2K8
« Last post by rollntider on November 16, 2017, 11:05:46 AM »
I don't recall, was it a legality that dissolved the ncaa game?

Yep, Ed Obannon sued NCAA for Likeness used in games and not receiving compensation. EA tried to settle, but the NCAA and EA parted ways. The BBall was pulled first since 2k was the better game. Football held on til the last minute.  Ironically i think if EA had not had sole rights to NCAA sports titles, the major companies could have kept rights because i believe a settlement could have been reached (meaning more money for the greedy bastards)

Right I remember that, but I just didn't know if it was a legal obligation to quit making the game or if it was more of a consequence of the proceeding

From what I remember EA jumped out because they were unsure of the cost associated with having to pay each athlete. For exclusivity EA had to take responsibility for any judgements/liabilities and thus causing them to bail.
Baseball / Re: RIP Roy Halladay
« Last post by Crewe on November 15, 2017, 10:27:01 AM »
its really sad. Wonderful talent and better person by all accounts Ive read.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 3573
  • Total Topics: 505
  • Online Today: 5
  • Online Ever: 44
  • (September 10, 2014, 05:26:45 AM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 3