News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2015 NFL Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 08, 2015, 06:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

This catch thing irritates me so much among other things.
Sincerely and without jest, i think you could toss probably 30% of the rulebook and improve the game.
I just fel oike with all the technology available, the league feels like it has to create a scientific hi tech league ehich is killing the enjoyment factor.
Look, we all know what the fuck a catch is...when a guy makes a grab, gets two feet down, gets trucked by a defender running 20mph....its just so stupid to hear the league lackey ref say, see the ball move in his hand about 1cm? By definition thats not a catch....
Fuck you.
Simplify it.
And for the love of god, train your refs for continuity!!!!!!
And just food for thought...
If I tossed a toddler at you and he didnt hit the ground, would you say you caught him?

rollntider

And Romo is out. I did not think we would beat Carolina, but I did not feel right about Romo being back so soon.

Crewe

I think he should retire. He still has a little game left but he needs to consider his future, plus the fact this team wont contend for a title for some time

rollntider

yep might be time to hang up the cleats

Crewe

Can't wait to see what washed up/hasbeen/never was we will get to fill his shoes again.
Maybe JJ will trade a few first rounders for Johnny "College" Football

TheNorm

When the Browns/Ravens game on Monday night ended the way it did, most people were saying "only Cleveland". Most Lions fans, however, were thinking "watch our team somehow top that".

Sure enough...I think a friend of mine said it best: being a Lions fan is like watching Titanic every week and rooting for the ship.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

I think Id still prefer watching the Lions, or anyone else lose over watching Titanic

Crewe

Fantasy lineup input:
QB Bortles v Atl
RB McCoy v Was
RB Martin v StL
WR Cobb v Oak
WR Snead v Det
TE Olsen v NYG
W/T Hurns v Atl
K Crosby v Oak
Def Seattle v Cle

Bench
QB Cousins v Buf
RB Woodhead v Mia
WR Aiken v KC
WR Matthews v SD
WR Shorts v Ind
TE Miller v Den

Im wanting to replace Snead with Aiken but how do I wedge in Matthews, or should I?

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on December 16, 2015, 12:13:49 PM
Fantasy lineup input:
QB Bortles v Atl
RB McCoy v Was
RB Martin v StL
WR Cobb v Oak
WR Snead v Det
TE Olsen v NYG
W/T Hurns v Atl
K Crosby v Oak
Def Seattle v Cle

Bench
QB Cousins v Buf
RB Woodhead v Mia
WR Aiken v KC
WR Matthews v SD
WR Shorts v Ind
TE Miller v Den

Im wanting to replace Snead with Aiken but how do I wedge in Matthews, or should I?

I don't know man, KC is on a roll right now and Snead vs. a Lions D that is Jekyll & Hyde...tough call. I'd play anyone against the Lions but then again I'm probably not the best person to ask for fantasy advice this season lol.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

True on KC but they have been giving up 20 plus the last few weeks sans the two times vs SD who put up a total of six lol
My logic is, KC gets out to a good lead and Bal has to throw...but lets shelve that for now and leave Snead in v Det.
Im really liking Matthews v SD so perhaps thats my answer?
I guess the question is how much faith would I have in Schaubber getting Aiken the ball.
3 TD in 6 games isnt lighting it up, but he did toss 300 up on Miami last week...along with his trademark pick six but hes not my qb so... Lol

Crewe

So Cousins went off for over 30 on Buffalo and Woodhead lit up KC for just as much.
Now seriously, who saw that coming? Granted, I really considered Cousins, but went with Bortles and there was only an 8 pt difference...that I can live with. But who wouldve started Woodhead over McCoy? Especially since Danny boy hadnt put up over 5 points in three weeks and SD sucks.
About a 30 point differential there and guess what....lost by just over one point.
Do you honestly know anyone that that would happen to other than me?
I thought not...

TheNorm

Oh joy, we get to hear about the 72 Dolphins and their annoying celebration for another year.  ::)

Crewe

Lol

So uhh, any RedZone subscribers?
I like the format obviously but the announcer is such a tool.
I bet this guy is tied up n a corner all week not allowed to utter a word because he simply can not
SHUT
THE
FUCK
UP!!

Unnecessary harangue at every single opportunity, drives me insane.
95% of the shit he says, I can see on the screen and the other 5% I already know.
And their precious little double and triple box which is almost never needed yet he acts as if it should be this orgasmic feature.
Egotistical prick.

I actually pause gameday at noon for about a half hour so I can ff through his nonsense.

Ok, I feel better

TheNorm

I'm impressed at Rex Ryan's ability to keep the Jets out of the playoffs year after year.

TheNorm

...and damn the 49ers organization is stupid...but at least it gives us all an opportunity to see tweets like this.

https://twitter.com/CoachJim4UM/status/683860131285741568