News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2016 Stanley Cup Playoff

Started by TheNorm, April 25, 2016, 11:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Your yearly reminder that with Chicago and their bandwagon fanbase eliminated (by St. Louis, oddly enough), the 1997-1998 Red Wings are still the last team to repeat as Stanley Cup Champions.  :woot:

Also, pardon my language here but Chicago and Andrew Shaw can go fuck off...not even sorry haha. That's all.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Yea not a fan of Shaw, at al.
I'm really disappointed in Keith too. He's a talented guy and seems to play clean most of the time but man, when he gets dirty, it's seriously dirty. I'm glad to see Chicago go too.
I'll be pulling for the Stars obviously, but if StL wins, I'll be rooting for them.

Objective team observation: Stars are done. They have consistently choked away games in hand, even the games they won. It doesn't appear they have the playoff experience nor fortitude to grind out wins in the playoffs. Hope I'm wrong though

TheNorm

More chidenfreude (because I can't get enough of making fun of that shitheel bandwagon fanbase)

https://twitter.com/sickunbelievabl/status/724799553283575810

https://twitter.com/TheClapperton/status/724799410593374208

https://twitter.com/MoeninGlory/status/724803395891134464

I also don't mind making fun of the Ducks choking in the spring too, because seriously...screw 'em, I think they've got the biggest collection of douchebags (Ryan Getzlaf, Corey Perry) west of Chicago.

https://twitter.com/Whoabot/status/725548012546625536

As for Dallas, not sure what they're gonna do...but I do think the Caps/Pens series is going to be a fun one to watch.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Lol I love it norm, I never have to guess as to what's on your mind.
Not a fan of the Ducks at all, never have been so I've thoroughly enjoyed these game 7 failures.
You're right, that Pens Caps series will be really good, especially if Game 1 is an indication.
Fuck Sidney Crosby by the way....

TheNorm

So I basically have to root for Tampa at this point? Ugh. And I can't believe that a perennial playoff choker like San Jose or St. Louis is going to make it to the Cup Final.

Crewe

I have to go with StL because I don't know what it is about the Sharks that just grates on me and has since day one, so yea, no love there.
And yea, TB in the east because, well, you know.
Not really vested in the Cup chase from this point on, but Ill still watch because, hockey playoffs. No Pens, no Sharks, no problem.

TheNorm

Three guys from the University of Michigan are lifting the Cup tonight as Stanley Cup Champions, and that still doesn't make it any better since Pittsburgh and that whiny little bitchtart Sidney get the Cup. Other than those three Wolverines and American Phil Kessel, fuck Pittsburgh.

Yeah, you should know by now I don't filter much.  :D

Crewe

Like I said earlier, my playoff mantra has always been no sharks no pens no problem. So of course they would both make the finals.
That said, I was pulling for SJ because Pitt really grinds my gears and for whatever reason, I've got Letang pegged as a real shitheel.
Despite all of that, it was a fun series and I wanted to see it go 7 as always.
I was happy for Mario and I've liked Hagelin since he was a Ranger. Like you say, other than that, fuck the pens....and, it's not Chicago.