News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

No Man's Sky

Started by cflnut, March 12, 2016, 12:16:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cflnut

Quote from: From WikipediaNo Man's Sky is an upcoming adventure survival video game developed and published by the indie studio Hello Games. The game is scheduled to be released worldwide in June 2016 for PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows.

In No Man's Sky, players are free to explore the entirety of a procedurally generated deterministic open universe, which includes over 18 quintillion (1.8×1019) planets, many with their own set of flora and fauna. By exploring, players will gain information about the planets that they can submit to The Atlas, a universal database that can be shared with other players of the game. Players also gain materials and blueprints to upgrade their character's equipment and purchase a variety of starships, allowing them to travel deeper into the center of the galaxy, interact in friendly or hostile manners to computer-controlled space-faring factions, or trade with other ships.

Release Date: June 21, 2016

This game looks amazing. Definitely on my want to get list.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

Sakura

In regards to No Man's Sky in a recent spotlight a guy decided to not just take the hype at face value from the guy who was talking, and decided to actually ask questions.  "How do you trade?" for example, and the guy doing the presentation had a near meltdown on the spot over it like he'd just asked him to prove the existence of god.  So be wary on this one, there's a lot of hype and excitement for it, but when someone asked a few questions, suddenly the frontman got very defensive and agitated.

rollntider

Looks good but the division is eating up my PS time right now.

cflnut

Quote from: Sakura on March 13, 2016, 09:25:40 PM
In regards to No Man's Sky in a recent spotlight a guy decided to not just take the hype at face value from the guy who was talking, and decided to actually ask questions.  "How do you trade?" for example, and the guy doing the presentation had a near meltdown on the spot over it like he'd just asked him to prove the existence of god.  So be wary on this one, there's a lot of hype and excitement for it, but when someone asked a few questions, suddenly the frontman got very defensive and agitated.

I see your point about being wary, but tend to think that the presenter may not have been briefed on taking questions. Also trade systems in almost any multiplayer game get abused by the players to the point that I avoid using them. And with three months to go before release there is still time to work out the bugs.

cflnut

Quote from: rollntider on March 14, 2016, 07:53:52 PM
Looks good but the division is eating up my PS time right now.

Game releases at the end of June. Should be plenty of time to finish off the Division.

rollntider

TheNorm

So has anyone picked this up yet? Just curious about it...not like I have time to play it, but still  ;D
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

no, I may not, havent played much lately. My daughter has been playing overwatch though....

Sakura

Played it for a day, got fairly bored of it.  Dunkey made a great video that pretty perfectly sums up everything right and wrong with the game.

rollntider

I know one friend that bought it and likes it another that is waiting on multiplayer.

Will check out the review, because I hear reviews all over the place.

Rigg44

This game is fun if taken in the right context.  It is not a FPS.  It is a space exploration sim.  You grind to upgrade so you can move to a new location and rinse and repeat.  There are many flaws in the game, you must play it to truly know if you will like it. 

rollntider

so it is its own game. Thats new.

Rigg44

Yes and no.  It has elements you have seen before but the fact you can go from space to planet to space to another planet and then to another solar system with no load times is in and of its self amazing.  Add to that the fact that every planet has its own unique set of animals and ecosystem and to me its mind blowing.

I love this game but for me it's my relax and chill game.  I talk to aliens go from point a to point b mine materials sell them upgrade my ship, buy a new ship all the while exploring new planets and seeing some pretty amazing stuff.  To me that's great.  I enjoy the space combat but it's not a main focus and after a few upgrades to your ship is for the most part not a threat.   The I may never finish the atlas story line due to the fact that I spend so much time naming planets and creatures with my daughter.     

rollntider

Review from <sarcasm alert>Sakura's favorite </sarcasm alert> reviewer

Sakura

Quote from: rollntider on August 22, 2016, 11:03:10 AM
Review from <sarcasm alert>Sakura's favorite </sarcasm alert> reviewer
May the rats eat your eyes!