News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Pepsi to release Back to the future bottles

Started by rollntider, October 06, 2015, 10:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Limited edition but it is still awesome

QuoteIf you watched Back to the Future II, you know that 2015 looks awesome. And while some of the film's rad inventions, like flying cars and self-lacing shoes, are still in development, o​thers are already here. Like the super-futuristic Pepsi bottle that Marty McFly orders from a retro diner: Pepsi Perfect.

The bottle will be released on October 21 to coincide with the day that Marty took his trip to 2015. Since it's limited-edition, it will be sold online in collectible cases for $20.15 each, and there will reportedly only be 6500 available.

You can check out the official commercial for the product below, which basically feels like a '90s commercial featuring '80s characters in an even more futuristic setting.

http://www.delish.com/food-news/a44123/back-to-the-future-pepsi-bottle/

Sakura

Honestly this kind of exclusivity is the kind of stuff that I hate, 6500 available and only online.  I'd be interested in going to the local 7-11 and buying maybe one or two bottles just for the sake of some collectible that I'll end up throwing away anyway, but I've little interest in paying $20 for bottles of Pepsi that I'd have to have shipped, especially if the size of the case is 4 bottles.  Comparing that to the typical $3 for a 2 Liter bottle, that's an extra $2 per bottle and they're not even 2 Liter bottles.

rollntider

Agree with ya. Apparently they are in Plexiglas bottle and a case....

Crewe

Dont look for logic or a good deal during a cash grab.knowing they took a bath on this lights me up.