News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2015 College Football Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 23, 2015, 02:42:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

My Picks this week.

Of course I am going to have a Bama pick in this :)

Bama @ UGA (-2) - This type of team is the one Bama loves to face, a straight forward run at you and team and Bama can eat these type of teams for lunch. I pick Bama big, 40 - 20. No I am not smoking crack, I really think Bama kills this team. UGA's defense can have the ball moved on them and Bama's D can slow them enough. I told ya'll Bama has another loss coming but I think that is A&M not UGA.

Michigan (-14) @ Maryland - Michigan is back in a big way, alot better than I thought after Utah, it looks like Utah is for real, Michigan 35-10

Florida vs. Ole Miss (-7) - Just remember it is never as bad as it seems and never as good as it seems. UF will upset Mississippi 24-21.  Everyone is judging Ole Miss by their victory over Alabama but failed to realize that after 5 turn overs and scored on one fluke play (crazy bounce pass) and one illegal play (7 yards down the field for lineman) it took to beat Bama. I think UF has the talent to hang with Ole Miss and then some, they probably don't get lucky that many times in this game to win.

TheNorm

I'll agree with you on Bama/Georgia simply because last I checked the Bulldogs are still coached by choke artist Mark Richt, so...

I also think Michigan wins, but probably a bit closer due to Hurricane Joaquin Phoenix. Also curious how well Michigan's RB-by-committee works with De'veon Smith still working that ankle injury from last week. If he's fine, then the team will be fine too.

Vehemently disagree on Florida/Ole Miss, unless Urban Meyer decided to wake up in Gainesville tomorrow and coach that team again. I don't think the Gators are as good as their record indicates. And while you might consider that win over Bama fluky with some bounces...you could say that about a lot of close games. Team still made enough plays (legal, too) to come out on top.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on October 02, 2015, 09:34:37 PM
I'll agree with you on Bama/Georgia simply because last I checked the Bulldogs are still coached by choke artist Mark Richt, so...

I also think Michigan wins, but probably a bit closer due to Hurricane Joaquin Phoenix. Also curious how well Michigan's RB-by-committee works with De'veon Smith still working that ankle injury from last week. If he's fine, then the team will be fine too.

Vehemently disagree on Florida/Ole Miss, unless Urban Meyer decided to wake up in Gainesville tomorrow and coach that team again. I don't think the Gators are as good as their record indicates. And while you might consider that win over Bama fluky with some bounces...you could say that about a lot of close games. Team still made enough plays (legal, too) to come out on top.

IF you watched the Bama Ole Miss game, you would have saw that Ole Miss is a decent team, but they got 5 turnovers and scored on probably the luckiest pass play ever and got an illegal TD.  They still only beat Bama by 6. Alot of people just looked at the final score and thought, "Well Ole Miss Beat Bama, they must be done".  That game could have easily been 42-14 Bama.
Name another team that turns the ball over 5 times (3 deep in their own  territory) and wins only by 6?

If you watched the ole miss UF game you saw what normal teams do when they turn it over 4 times, they get beat badly. Ole Miss loses probably 2 to 3 more.  UF could win the east, but I think some how UGA might squeak the east title out. It will be close.

rollntider

Just watched the end of the Clemson ND game.

A few points, the media slobbering over ND's knob is getting old.

A few things that were said.

"The playoff committee will have to look at a close loss on a road, in the rain"

"Notre Dame is not out of this"

Excuse me, why do they get a pass for one loss when conference teams have to win their conference? Lets say Bama runs the table and destroys their competition and does not make the SEC title game, they are held to winning their conference. Notre Dame can have a loss and still be thought of as being in it while conference teams have to fight their way back to win their conference.

They should make a rule, Independents and conferences that do not play a title game, to be considered for the playoffs have to have  play one extra game (because of the conference title games) or everyone needs to be in a conference that has a title game.

rollntider

http://www.goducks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=500&ATCLID=210392870

Ducks only has their uniforms now. Now they and Maryland have something in common, both suck and have terrible uniforms.

rollntider

OK Crewe... avatar bet. IT's Bama vs. A&M

TheNorm

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

Florida Gators QB Will Grier suspended for the rest of the season. Definitely nothing PEDestrian about this suspension.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13871336/will-grier-florida-gators-quarterback-suspended-season

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on October 12, 2015, 01:56:22 PM
Florida Gators QB Will Grier suspended for the rest of the season. Definitely nothing PEDestrian about this suspension.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/13871336/will-grier-florida-gators-quarterback-suspended-season

I had UF as my darkhorse final 4 team..... that probably kills them, Grier has been good.

rollntider

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2578376-bret-bielema-celebrates-bogus-penalty-against-alabama-after-phantom-shove

I think this is much ado about nothing. I thought the penalty was on C-Rob for pushing the Arky player and originally thought Bret was pushing our player back as in to break up a fight, although awkwardly.  WHat you guys think?

Although there is some buzz he also forearmed our RB on a play early, but not seen proof of it.

TheNorm

Looks to me like Bielema was trying to draw a penalty by flopping (he needs to watch more WWE videos to sell it a bit better), got it, and then celebrated it once the flag was thrown. Not a fan of the actions, not one bit.

rollntider

Quote from: rollntider on October 12, 2015, 02:26:38 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2578376-bret-bielema-celebrates-bogus-penalty-against-alabama-after-phantom-shove

I think this is much ado about nothing. I thought the penalty was on C-Rob for pushing the Arky player and originally thought Bret was pushing our player back as in to break up a fight, although awkwardly.  WHat you guys think?

Although there is some buzz he also forearmed our RB on a play early, but not seen proof of it.

I watched the forearm and it was really nothing. Drake ran out of bounds and Bert just put his arm up. Normal reaction.

rollntider

Coaches fired, and now a murder?

http://deadspin.com/cops-former-texas-a-m-football-player-hacked-a-random-1736241011

This has been a weird week.  Even more odd, Auburn and Kentucky play thursday, the winner will more than likely make it to a bowl because of this game....