News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2015 NFL Season Thread

Started by TheNorm, August 08, 2015, 06:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

That dude needs to go.

Glad to see the Lions have fallen back to SOL (Same ol' Lions) status.

The only reason Tony Romo (NOT ELITE) gets credited for another 4th quarter comeback is because Eli Manning (also NOT ELITE) made a boneheaded idiot play late in the 4th. Whatever, the perfect outcome for that game would've been both teams losing. And kicked out of the league.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

thaima1shu

I did not have a good time watching football yesterday morning. That is all.

rollntider

TheNorm

Quote from: rollntider on September 14, 2015, 05:38:23 PM
Quote from: TheNorm on September 14, 2015, 09:43:34 AM
The Giants kicked out of the league...and the Dallas Cowboys launched into an active volcano.

FIFY :)

Fixed it again. :D
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

TheNorm

So let's take a look at Roger Goodell logic once again:

-Tom Brady has a "general awareness" of footballs being tampered with (but no proof): 4 Games.
-Adam Jones slams Amari Cooper's head into helmet on camera: $35000 fine.

And to top that off, Adam Jones can't guarantee it won't happen again. Lol wtf??? How the hell is this assclown still in the league??

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/19034/bengals-adam-jones-pacman-sundays-every-other-day

rollntider

Quote from: TheNorm on September 16, 2015, 11:20:44 PM
So let's take a look at Roger Goodell logic once again:

-Tom Brady has a "general awareness" of footballs being tampered with (but no proof): 4 Games.
-Adam Jones slams Amari Cooper's head into helmet on camera: $35000 fine.

And to top that off, Adam Jones can't guarantee it won't happen again. Lol wtf??? How the hell is this assclown still in the league??

http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/19034/bengals-adam-jones-pacman-sundays-every-other-day

Yeah. Goodell is a idiot. Suh can't not stomp players on the ground.  With the issue of player safety you'd think players like pac man Suh and Ray would get stiff penties

Crewe

Just adds to my diminished interest in pro football. I rarely truly enjoy a game anymore.
During the Dallas game, the blocked punt where the punter was about to have a shot at the tackle but was obviously legally blocked but alas say NFL stool pigeon, the QB (punter in this case) must be protected at all times.
Really? Is that why you tools made the rule that if the QB/punter was not actively in the play, he cannot be touched?
And even more disheartening is the fact that after hearing that Goodell ass kissing drivel, the logical question in the minds of 99% of the world would be something along the lines of....so, nobody on the planet can touch him and he can make the tackle unhindered, right?
Noooo, eveyone has to dangle on his sack saying yep youre right and youre God. Thanks for illuminating us norhings.
I really hate this league.
Thank God for college football

TheNorm

Once again, I see the Lions have fallen back to giving their fans misery early in the season-at least it gets it out of the way now instead of the rare instance of last season when the heartbreak came in January at the hands of a screw job in Dallas. Karma's a bitch though...what the hell is a Brandon Weeden?  :D

If the Jets help drop the Colts to 0-2 tonight, will they blame underinflated balls again?

TheNorm

So a few months ago when the NFL's schedule came out for this season, I saw that the Lions were scheduled to play in Seattle. Partly as a joke, I posted a message on thai's FB page asking if he knew anyone that had an extra ticket or two for the game. Turns out that he did have a ticket and it no longer was a joke.

Fast forward to this past Monday night (wow, a Monday Night Football game no less!), and I'm sitting in CenturyLink Field with a fellow BSBer.  :) I've always heard how loud that place can get on tv, and I can now say that reputation is earned: television doesn't do justice just how loud that place can get when the defense takes the field.

As for the game, I was a realist: I fully expected the Lions to get beatdown in a tough road venue. But the defense came to play...and right around mid 4th quarter after the defense forced a fumble for a TD to make it 13-10, it was somehow still a game even though the offense for the Lions still hadn't shown up. Late 4th quarter though, the Lions offense started moving the chains...and moving. Still had no hopes of winning this game, but hey, it was getting exciting! Right about the time I started getting hope was when Calvin Johnson caught the ball around the Seahawks 5 yard line and moving toward the endzone...and well, you know the rest. As a Lions fan, I've seen the team lose a lot of games in a bunch of ways and I thought I'd seen it all...but nope, the NFL's best receiver fumbling the ball inches from the goal line was a new one.

Now a lot of people are bitching about the missed call in the endzone (I'm sure all 2-4 of you still here saw it on the news), and yeah the NFL screwed up (again). But Calvin and the Lions said it best: protect the football and this isn't an issue. In all likelihood at that stage of the game, it more than likely saved me from witnessing the Lions losing in the typical last second comeback anyway (which I have seen before, so yay, no reruns).

Had a blast at the stadium anyway though, and in Seattle for my less than 48 hour stay! Thanks thaima1shu for the ticket and the opportunity to check out a game there.  :woot:

rollntider

You need to post pics here :) I did see one or two on facebook though. Did not realize it was a BSB connection.

Glad you had fun.

thaima1shu

Crap I just realized we never took a photo together Norm! Haha.

It was awesome having you come out here man. Glad you were able to make it and that you had fun!

Crewe

Thats awesome guys!
I need to meet more bsb folk.

Norm, a "Brandon Weeden" is a guy who doesnt throw enough picks for Jerry Jones, per his own words, hence the benching.
I know you were being comical, but I ran with it to segue into the fact of how much I despise Jerry Jones.
So much so that i have not only begun to ditance myself from the nfl, but also emotionally detach from the Cowboys.
Dont get me wrong, I still pull for them. Them being the ones that deserve it...Garett, Marinelli, Romo, Witten, Lee, etc...but the franchise can be lit on fire as far as Im concerned.
The things he says, the things he does, the ethics and morals he lacks....he is so out of touch, its undeniable.
I think Trump is more sane than JJ.
This guys probably going to easily live another ten years, then, we will have another lifetime in which to deal with his crappy kid. Theres no end in sight....ever!
I know this can be viewed as, I support the team not the mgmt kinda thing and it is....but, its deeper than that. I cant explain it

TheNorm

So apparently Lions HC Jim Caldwell thinks that the Detroit media is by far the most negative he's ever run into, even referring to them as the "dungeon of doom".  ::)

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/11/03/detroit-lions-jim-caldwell-media/75102758/

Funny dude, I don't remember you complaining about the media here when you had the team 11-5 and in the playoffs last year. You can blame the media for some things, but I don't buy this bullshit for a second. This fanbase is passionate because they care, and always have. But trying to pin some of the negativity on the media for the way the fans are reacting of late? No. This fanbase is currently pretty negative because this is the same shit we've seen almost every year I've been alive, and the organization is absolutely clueless on how to fix it (again).

Long after this website is dead and gone, then resurrected decades later by bigbaldbenjr or tider jr for TUFF TNG, the Lions are still going to be stuck below mediocrity and clueless.

TheNorm

So of course win #2 in a lost Lions season comes in a place they haven't won at since December 15, 1991. For the record, I was wrapping up my first (and rather forgettable) semester as a freshman at the University of Michigan.  8)

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/11/15/detroit-lions-green-bay-packers/75834946/

FYI, the #1 song that weekend in 1991 was "Black or White" by Michael Jackson, and "Hook" with Robin Williams was the #1 movie in America.