News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

The Beverage review

Started by rollntider, May 13, 2015, 12:39:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Being a big soda and drink fan i will give reviews on various drinks I run across whether it be beer, soda or sport/energy drinks.

This is my first review. Just recently being diagnosed as a diabetic, my sweet drinks will be fewer. I recently started the atkins diet. Watching my carbs, I am drinking their shakes. Well I tried another brand EAS AdvantEDGE

gotta say not impressed with this one. At first drink it is not too bad, but the after taste has a slight metallic flavor. Also if you are familiar with the way dog food smells, it tastes like that smells. I am talking the super cheap "Ol 'Roy" brand, not the good stuff.

The Pros: 17g protien. 2g carbs .5g fiber (net 1.5g carbs)

Cons: After taste and flavor.

Recommend:

Sakura

Quote from: rollntider on May 13, 2015, 12:39:02 AM
Also if you are familiar with the way dog food smells, it tastes like that smells.
Pass.  That is the worst possible description of anything.

rollntider

Yeah. My thoughts exactly. 

Crewe

Those guys have the worst products across the board IMO.
There are plenty of low to no carb protein powders out ther that are great for shakes.
But allow me to offer my story of caution.
About 6 years ago i was diagnosed with a kidney stone which surprised me greatly because i was always well hydrated due to my workout routine.
My food intake was well regulated so it was easier for me to see what may have been the cause.
Protein powder isnt necessarily a red flag for everyone like say, dehydration would be, but it can be a cause.
I may be one of the few to result with a stone or it couldve been compounded by another element, however my research told me that in my case it was the powder, so take that FWIW.
BTW, im still carrying that blasted stone.

Crewe

And sorry to derail your thread...ill get back on track...
I rarely drink sodas due to how awful they are for you, but with that, I love the Dew and A&W Cream sodaand IBC RB

rollntider

No worries Crewe, contribute away.

rollntider

I am not really a big beer person. I am probably not the person to ask on what a good beer is.

Beers I like are: Corona, Miller, coors, and bud light, miller chill, Bud light lime, Blue moon, and Pabst blue ribbon(I was shocked that I liked PBR).

Needless to say, it is a once in a every now and then that I drink a beer. I dont drink heavy and havent in years.

I did find this beer. Let me say, this one could make me an alcoholic. Its a light refreshing beer. It reminds me of a blue moon with a lemon flavor. I dont feel heavy/bloated after drinking, its not bitter(hoppy). It drinks smooth and I like it. If I had a top 10 of beers this would be #1 or #2 (I like blue moon with a orange slice, very manly I know LOL)

If you like a light refreshing beer, give that one a try.

Pros: Light, refreshing, citrus taste

cons: costs a few bucks more than other beers

Recommend:

TheNorm

Oooh, now that I know we're including beers in the beverage review thread I might have to chime in a bit more often.  :woot:

I've proudly become a "beer snob" over the last few years: now that I know how many different awesome and amazing craft brews there are in this country (especially in the state of Michigan), I really have no reason anymore to drink the macrobrews (aka pisswater) that most of us were brought up on. That's right, I haven't had a Bud, Labatt, Molson, Miller, Coors, Corona, etc. in years and I'm better for it (screw 'em, they all suck). I guess Shock Top, Blue Moon, and some Leinenkugel's might be the only thing you could consider macro that I'd consider consuming at this point. Bottom line is this: I want to enjoy my beer, and I also want some good taste with it-I can get that with a bunch of locally crafted brews (and FYI, Wisconsin has some great craft brewers too), something I've never gotten with the predominant macros that people for some reason still love to drink. To them I say, hey, it's your life. But try something new every once in awhile and you'll find that the big brewers have been giving you swill for years.  8)
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Yea, love the micro brews here, you can find some gems.
I do like Shiner and i typically dont like hoppy heavy beers. Pale ale's work and variations...its hard to pin me down...lets just say i like beer lol

rollntider

Beer is a beverage :D

Yeah I am finding I like the smaller company beers better. Curious Traveler and Blue moon (if that is a small guy) are some of my faves

I am interested in the Ale's non bitter hoppy beers, so i look forward to your guys reviews.

rollntider

Just take what i said about the lemon and multiply times 2. OMG. It isnt a strong grapefruit taste, but has a subtle sweetness to it. If you like a blue moon and orange then you will like this unless you don't like grapefruit, then you may not like it.

Totally recommend.

Crewe

rollntider

Sakura

I tried some "Johnnie" Cherry soda today, at least I think that's what it was called, it was a Cane sugar soda.  The aftertaste it leaves in the mouth is very different from the aftertaste you get from traditional soda.  The other person with me said she "didn't like it," but I actually liked the aftertaste.

Cheap dollar store pop, though, you ain't gonna find that stuff on the shelf of your local union store like Save-on-Foods or whatever your local grocery mart is called.

rollntider

the corn syrup sodas aren't traditional, they came on in the 80's. They all used to be made with cane syrup. If you get a chance get a kosher coke or mexican coke. THose things are the bomb, also try a virgils if you get a chance.