News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

2015 NHL Playoffs

Started by TheNorm, April 27, 2015, 11:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Anaheim's f'ing useless. Go Bolts.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Yea and part of me is really glad cuz i dont like a lot of their guys, especially Getzlaf.
Hawks are obviously a consistently good team, being here so often, but i hope they get the pants beaten off them

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on May 31, 2015, 02:25:32 AM
Yea and part of me is really glad cuz i dont like a lot of their guys, especially Getzlaf.
Hawks are obviously a consistently good team, being here so often, but i hope they get the pants beaten off them

Well Mighty Ducks 2 taught us that "ducks fly together"...so now we'll get to see if that included going to the golf course.

You know my feelings on Chicago on their team and their mouthbreathing prom night dumpster baby bandwagon fanbase. Once this series ends (TB in 6) it'll be even more fun to watch the bandwagon have to dump salary.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Lol and yes i enjoy your disdain for the hawks immensely.
Speaking of disdain, i ripped you off the other day;
My Astros lost to the White Sox and i told my buddy how we let that game get away, we shoulda won, especially against those filthy south siders lol
So, theres your credit 😎

TheNorm

Hahaha I love it! Glad to have that kind of impact on people.  :D

So a Chicago friend of mine told me-with a straight face-that he considers Corey Crawford an elite goalie. Yeah, if he's an elite goaltender, then I'm an NHL capable goaltender.

Of course, this now begged the question: who is the worst goalie to win the Stanley Cup in the last 30+ years? I know this sounds like bandwagon bashing (and it partially is), but I've gotta say it's Antti Niemi from the 2010 team with a close second to Corey Crawford from the 2013 squad. Crawford does make timely stops every once in a while, but Chicago and Niemi seriously got lucky that Philly had an even crappier pair of netminders.

Crewe

Quote from: TheNorm on June 09, 2015, 05:09:31 PM
Hahaha I love it! Glad to have that kind of impact on people.  :D

So a Chicago friend of mine told me-with a straight face-that he considers Corey Crawford an elite goalie. Yeah, if he's an elite goaltender, then I'm an NHL capable goaltender.

Of course, this now begged the question: who is the worst goalie to win the Stanley Cup in the last 30+ years? I know this sounds like bandwagon bashing (and it partially is), but I've gotta say it's Antti Niemi from the 2010 team with a close second to Corey Crawford from the 2013 squad. Crawford does make timely stops every once in a while, but Chicago and Niemi seriously got lucky that Philly had an even crappier pair of netminders.

I thought you would appreciate that  lol
Crawford seems to let in too many easy goals, at least to me. As for Niemi, I don't remember him being horrible, but like you say, maybe in comparison he appeared better.