News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

MLB 16 The Show

Started by Crewe, January 27, 2016, 11:03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crewe

So tailing about streaky....my second year guy held about a .350 through the first 6-7 weeks then slowly trailed off, never really settling anywhere until I dipped all the way down to .148 lol
then, the long slow climb back up above the Mendoza line, then balanced in Uecker territory for a while then filly ranged above .250 only to sit now roughly at .240ish as we near seasons end.
On my hit chart, Im ice cold blue high and inside and ice cold blue low and away and they pepper those spots relentlessly and I fall for it, a lot, and they know it. lol
My style is ala league of their own.... "lay off the high ones....I LIKE the high ones!"

Crewe

Kept meaning to post this if you didn't know about it already. A list of who the batting stances represent
http://www.operationsports.com/forums/mlb-show-rosters/878408-mlb-show-16-list-generic-stances-motions.html

I finished my season, about a month or two in the Show. A whopping .2 something average...225 maybe?
I'm about two months into my first full season in the bigs and I'm hovering anywhere between .200 and .220 wit record setting K's. If I didn't whiff once for the last four months of the season, I'd still lead the world in strikeouts lol
FYI the change up should be banned

TheNorm

Yeah, the changeup tends to make my SS look stupid in the batter's box somedays. But my RTTS pitcher loved it. :D I really need to get around to firing this up again, it's been too long.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

after every pitch, my swing timing reads, "very early" or "very late"
And thats even when I guess right lol 

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on June 15, 2016, 01:48:13 PM
after every pitch, my swing timing reads, "very early" or "very late"
And thats even when I guess right lol

...and I love how it's just like it is in real life: see a couple of those changeups and the next fastball looks like it's traveling 110+ MPH. Swing timing: very late. LOL
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Yep, you got it. Also love it when I finish my swing and the curve ball hasn't even reached the plate yet lol
They do an awesome job of replicating an at bat

TheNorm

So I had enough stubs to purchase one of those gamebreakers for your RTTS guy, and I can't recommend enough the 2X training points over 120 games.

Crewe

TheNorm

So I've been slumping so badly at the plate lately that my dynamic difficulty fell to "Rookie".  :-\ #ISuck

Crewe

lol I feel you.
I just finished off a season and ater the AS break, my goal was to finish with .250 or better. Charging into the last two weeks, I was on a rise, eclipsing my goal.
but alas, one streak always followed by another and down I went, finishing with a 243 lol
To get out of a slump, I almost always take the first pitch, unless I am damn sure its a FB up the middle. If pitch 1 is a strike, pitch 2 is almost always a ball and you can go from there.
Also, if Im facing a guy thats got junk, I will rarely look FB, I will look for the off speed because he will be thawing those much more often than his heater.
And finally, always protect your blue areas because those turds relentlessly pursue those weak spots. High and in, low and in and low and away for me. Hit those corners and Im done, more often than not lol.
Oh, which reminds me, unless you have two strike and they attack your weak areas, let it go, even if its a strike unless you guess right because chances are great it will be a strike anyway or an easy out.
let me know how your next streak goes

TheNorm

Thanks man! Been on a bit of a tear of late, but not sure how much of that is talent and how much of that is still being firmly entrenched in Rookie mode haha. Still sticking to my plan of improving my fielding/baserunning stats first but have now started chipping up the offense too since it's cheaper. Up to about a 75 overall, and still in mid-June.
Are the baserunning controls a bit slow to react? Feel like I've got caught in a couple of screwups because it doesn't react to my command to return on time-those screaming lineouts have turned into double plays a few times because the player wouldn't turn around.

Crewe

Yea in that scenario they are...you're pretty much screwed if you start to the next base on a line out.
Same with attempting to stretch to an extra base although you can make it back on those, but ou can get caught if you don't return quick enough.
The more you play though the easier it is to tell if it's a hit. Also, you can hit, r2 I think it is as a runner and it will give you an overhead look at the play which can help. Might be l2 not sure, try it on any pitch while on base. Helps on tag plays too.