News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

Heroes of the Storm to launch in june

Started by rollntider, April 20, 2015, 11:50:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rollntider

Sakura

I got into the beta relatively early on, it's more fun than LoL and Dota, but it's got a much deeper micro store to it.  Heroes cost too much, and they're all too willing to accept your hard earned dollars to buy the champions.  Best two parts of this game are the entire team shares experience, and there's no items, so the game play centers around how you play your hero and not how much you paid on your runes, or how fed someone is.

rollntider

Sakura

I would recommend it to someone who doesn't like traditional MOBAs, but would probably tell actual MOBA players that they might want to be cautious about their expectations.  Because the game doesn't have the top heavyness where you can get a good early game and then wreck in the late game, it means that those who hate that kind of thing will love it, but those who think that's the pinnacle of design might take a glaring eye to it.

A lot of people who play FPS kind of wish they could recapture the Quake type deathmatch experience, where the moment you gain map control, the game is already over.  So overall, I'd say 'yes', but anyone who likes traditional MOBA games will possibly hate it for the game's ability to prevent you from becoming a steam roller.

My favorite map is Dragon Knight, cause the Dragon Knight mechanic is pretty good, both teams need to take control of a pair of beacons (top and bottom), and then someone from the team holding both can then take control of the Dragon Knight which is a unit 4x larger than any other unit on the map that can punt units across the map and do massive damage to structures.

I dunno, the arcady-ness of that might make someone disinterested.

rollntider

Starts tomorrow.... will give it a shot

rollntider

So far I am digging it. Its free also so that is also a plus :D

Sakura

Quote from: rollntider on June 10, 2015, 12:03:34 AM
Its free also so that is also a plus :D
Unfortunately free also means that BRs and Russians are really prevalent, and they tend to be really rude.

rollntider

rollntider

had a dude taunt me, because I got killed by 3 heroes on the other side. Kept saying I suck, dude died like 8 times after that.  Morons