News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

MLB 15: The Show

Started by TheNorm, January 29, 2015, 10:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

Whoa, it's that time of year again, isn't it? New details released today, along with a worldwide reveal for gameplay coming February 5th.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/01/29/mlb-15-the-show-new-details-worldwide-gameplay-reveal-feb-5th/#sf7171553

Really excited about the year-to-year saves, especially since I haven't even hit the All-Star Break in my created pitcher's rookie season.  ;D  :P

"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

The year to year saves are an awesome addition that Ive been waiting on for a decade. It always seemd so simple to me.

This is what I want to see as well as the new speed paradigm
Upgraded motion system allows for dynamic speed matching from run to catch to throw
The night lighting is a MUST upgrade as it was the only horrible part of last years version, so Im glad they've corrected that issue.
My one major compaint is two fold:
In RTTS, why is it difficult to get a weather report as it relates to accessories and more importantly, why can't I choose and/or mix and match uniforms in RTTS.
Fix those and I dont have a major complaint

Crewe

except for Sounds of the Show, or lack of I should say. And this is a Sony thing because you have to use their stupid music provider and cant use mp3s like on the 3.
That's a huge hole in this game and Sony has thumbed its nose once again to the community.

TheNorm

Missed that little part about saving my RTTS to the cloud, so I need to get on that lol. Slightly inconvenient but not a big deal-I was hoping saving it online through PS+ would suffice but I guess not.

*EDIT* And this is a bit of a bummer, even after uploading my PS3 saves to the cloud. Apparently you need to download it to mlb14 for the ps4 to convert it, then mlb15 will recognize that one. Since I don't have mlb14 for the ps4 (and why the hell would I lol), that's not going to happen. Guess it's a good thing I didn't get too far anyway, I'll just start a new one.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe

Im noticing very little attention in RTTS and that disappoints me greatly as thats all I play. I can't attest to the rest, but, at least load times are fast and I only paid 7 bucks for it, so...

Crewe

I should add to say that yes, hitting is tougher this time around, as it should be and I do like that, but no huge improvements or added features to RTTS

Crewe

So after playing through at least four versions and coming so close one other time, i finally hit for the cycle recently. 😎

Sakura

Quote from: Crewe on May 17, 2015, 01:42:15 AM
So after playing through at least four versions

Sheesh, why are there so many versions?

rollntider

Are you guys doing a league? I may join you fubes if you are.

TheNorm

Quote from: Sakura on May 17, 2015, 12:35:25 PM
Quote from: Crewe on May 17, 2015, 01:42:15 AM
So after playing through at least four versions

Sheesh, why are there so many versions?

Congrats on the achievement, Crewe. Believe me, whenever I get that no-no I'm posting video.

And Sony releases a yearly version of their flagship baseball game (as does every company with a sporting title), supposedly with improvements and of course roster updates from the previous year.

Crewe

No, no league, just RTTS.
Thx norm, i look forward to that vid!

TheNorm

LOL, don't hold your breath on that vid.  :banghead:

Crewe

Lol you see how long it took for the cycle...patience lol

Crewe

200th career HR acheived 💪

Crewe

While playing the yesterday, I legged out a triple and got distracted by my phone  lighting up because norm just played a 54 point word in WWF. After lobbing over a few colorful adjectives to noone in particular, I focused on the game again which of course had gone to a cutscene. An infielder is talking to the pitcher and I see fielder attempt to put the ball in the glove of the pitcher but he actually didnt. I thought it was a glitch.
The animation continues with what turns out to be the 3rd baseman whom Id just torched, trotting back over to the bag while my guy was lollygagging off base talking to the 3rd base coach. Once he was within a few steps, he lunged to try and tag my guy who alertly stepped back on the base.
They pulled the hidden ball trick, those turds lol
Nice touch