News:

UFL Schedule comes out 2-5-2024

Main Menu

PS4 hard drive space and solutions

Started by TheNorm, November 03, 2015, 11:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheNorm

So after purchasing WWE 2K16 (shut up, haven't bought one in ages and some of the WWE stuff has been fun lately-don't judge), I ran into the "there is not enough space on your hard drive for installation" thing. Luckily I was able to delete a couple of games off my system that I'd barely touched and moved on my merry Layeth the Smacketh Downeth way.

But what happens when you get to the point that you don't want to delete some games off your system or lose the saves? Any solutions some of you other PS4 users have looked into or actually done? I'm curious, because there are quite a few games coming out in the next few months that I'd love to give a shot.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

cflnut

I had a similar thing happen with an update for the Elder Scrolls Online. So I try to avoid getting too many download games, or only have the ones I'm playing installed.

Another thing is to clean out the pic's that the PS4 takes automatically every time you earn a trophy. If you use the share feature to save video clips trim them down or export them to a USB stick. Besides upgrading to a larger HDD that's about all I can think of.

I really like that Sony did include a 500GB HDD with the PS4, but I don't like the mandatory 20-50GB installs for every game. To me it kinda makes the larger drive rather pointless.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

Crewe

I dont ever anticipate having this issue.
The important question is, hows the game?
Best wrestling game eve was WM2K on N64. After that, everything was shit. Havent tried one in over 10 years but what i see and read leaves me wholly unimpressed

rollntider

My fave wrestling game was power move pro wrestling on the psx

thaima1shu

I wish the PS4 had the same capabilities of the Xbox One to just plug in an external hard drive and use that as the primary storage. My Xbox was running low on space so I just got a 2 TB external and plugged it in via one of the USB ports, and it was good from there. With the PS4, you've got to physically swap out the hard drive in the system. It's supposedly pretty easy but I've been too lazy to actually do it.

cflnut

Hooking up an external HDD for extra storage is something Playstation users have been asking for since the PS3 came out. Sony is just reluctant to add this feature.
If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense.
Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would.

TheNorm

Quote from: Crewe on November 04, 2015, 01:42:05 AM
I dont ever anticipate having this issue.
The important question is, hows the game?
Best wrestling game eve was WM2K on N64. After that, everything was shit. Havent tried one in over 10 years but what i see and read leaves me wholly unimpressed

I don't think I've bought a wrestling game since the PS1 days.
To me, the game is a blast - I love having Stone Cold Steve Austin as the 2K showcase (it's their career timeline thing), I didn't realize how long Stone Cold's career went on before he retired in 2003. There's a large roster of wrestlers and of all the ones I've seen so far they've absolutely nailed all of the entrances. My Career is pretty fun too although editing seems to take a bit of time. Loading times are a bit blah too.
I'm enjoying the AI in the matches, tends to be a bunch of back and forth.
"But it is not enough for me to stand before you tonight and condemn riots. It would be morally irresponsible for me to do that without, at the same time, condemning the contingent, intolerable conditions that exist in our society. These conditions are the things that cause individuals to feel that they have no other alternative than to engage in violent rebellions to get attention. And I must say tonight that a riot is the language of the unheard. And what is it America has failed to hear? It has failed to hear that the plight of the negro poor has worsened over the last twelve or fifteen years. It has failed to hear that the promises of freedom and justice have not been met. And it has failed to hear that large segments of white society are more concerned about tranquility and the status quo than about justice and humanity." - Martin Luther King, Jr

Crewe